Friday, March 25, 2011

It just means I haven't found them yet

The time has finally come where I no longer work for a living. Instead the nice people at Social Security deposit money into my bank for me, which is more than my last employer ever did. I have to give Social Security credit where due. They have been helpful and everything has been just as it should be. Unusual in this day and time, at least as far as what I have had to work with lately. These folks are a pleasure.

Now that I am going down the mountain I have the time to do all the things I haven't done while holding on to a job. I can knit, read and sleep when I want to knit read or sleep. What a pleasure. Mostly I have been working on my family history. I am determined to find grgrgrgrandmother Lily prior to 1855. 1850 would be great, but it seems elusive at the moment. I enlisted the help of a genealogist where I know they were living in 1860 and she found nothing other than census information for them. But as she said and I keep hearing...it doesn't mean they weren't there ...it just means we haven't found them yet.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Adriene! I had no idea you are now retired and finally getting to live life for yourself, good for you. I am looking forward to reading more. If you find yourself in Arizona we would love to have you come and visit. You know, when you reach the mountaintop you don't necessarily have to come down the other side; you can just hang out enjoying the cool breeze, wildflowers and fragrant pines. It was a journey getting up there, you might as well stay awhile and enjoy the view ;)

    ReplyDelete